- Pureprint Support First Touch at the Chelsea Flower Show
- Pureprint client Punch Creative win RAR Award
- Pureprint win a Queens Award for Enterprise
- Pureprint produces David Bowie V&A exhibition commemorative items
- Pureprint achieve DMA accreditation
- Order placed for our 2nd HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press
- Fairtrade Fortnight 2013 supported by Pureprint for the 3rd Year
- Catch up on awards success
- New additions to the Pureprint sales team
- Offset your carbon emissions with our Pureprint Gold CarbonNeutral® publications service
- Pureprint Group to enter next phase of digital print with HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press beta
- Junior journalists visit Pureprint to learn more about Print.
- Pureprint's work part of a huge display at Selfridges
- WWF GFTN Graduation
- Investments in people, plant and equipment continue
- PrintWeek feature of an "invisible ink" project we produced for Berg
- 3 x HP Indigo 7500's in action
- Pureprint wins Digital Printer Book Award 2011
- Prepress investment and London office opening
- Pureprint wins PrintWeek awards Brochure Printer of the Year 2011
- Pureprint wins PrintWeek awards Fine Art Printer of the Year 2011
- Pureprint receives 7 nominations at the 2011 PrintWeek Awards
- Pureprint opens its doors
- New Speedmaster XL 105 installation
- Book buyer insight: What do buyers want?
- ArjoWiggins Graphic and Pureprint support inaugural People and Environment Achievement Awards
- Pureprint strengthens corporate print team with new appointments
- Digital Printer Awards
- Print’s success stories hailed
- Pureprint wins PrintWeek Book Printer of the Year Award 2010
- Pureprint wins PrintWeek Environmental Company of the Year Award 2010
- Pureprint wins PrintWeek Fine Art Printer of the Year Award 2010
- Investments continue at Pureprint
- Pureprint turns around BP oil rig disaster report in 24-hours
- Pureprint purchases Speedmaster
- Digital print brings new meaning to targeted communication
- Pureprint to install two HP Indigo 7500s
- Aaron Archer: My Industry
- Pureprint boost sales team
- Green Policies Turn Profits
In 1926 Edward and Ellen Handford moved out of London and bought East Sussex Press, a print company in Crowborough, Sussex. Since 1993, Mark Handford and his sister Bridget have been the owners of the business and it is their drive, enthusiasm and knowledge that has brought together the team of 170 dedicated staff who run Pureprint Group 24-hours a day. Today Pureprint Group is one of the leading award-winning print and marketing solutions providers in the UK.
In 2004 East Sussex Press acquired nearby Beacon Press which had built a reputation as the UK’s leading environmental printer, and since 1990 had developed the innovative and award-winning pureprint® environmental printing technology. In 2006 all production was moved into purpose built premises in Uckfield, creating a single company offering, a wide range of printing and print-related services and a cultural commitment to sustainable printing. The business was renamed Pureprint Group and is driven by an enthusiasm for print solutions, technical innovation and sustainability.
In 2008 Pureprint Group was awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Sustainable Development, won the Business in the Community Impact on Society Award of Excellence and was listed as one of the UK’s leading green companies in The Sunday Times Green List. In 2009 Pureprint Group won the PrintWeek Report and Account Printer of the Year award and in 2010 the PrintWeek Fine Art Printer of the Year, Book Printer of the Year and Environmental Printer of the Year awards.
Pureprint Group is now one of the biggest employers in East Sussex with customers in the UK, USA and Europe, and after 85 years, the business is still run by the same family.
Pureprint is now one of East Sussex's biggest employers with customers in the UK, USA and Europe
Pureprint Group invests regularly in new people, new machines, new technology and new ideas to make sure we offer you the best products and solutions.
We have a team of 170 professionals, and we run our business 24-hours a day. We have 50 people working directly with our customers, providing everything they need, from estimates and account management support, through to technical and environmental briefings, and 120 people working on implementation and production.
Our main production facilities are 60,000 square feet of purpose-built space in Uckfield, East Sussex. It is here that we have our purecolour image retouching team, pre-press file handling and proofing studio, an extensive printing department using the latest Heidleberg litho printing machines, our puredigital HP Indigo digital printing service, as well as print finishing, storage and fulfilment.
We have invested over £12million in the last five years in the latest machines and software so that customers can enjoy all the advantages the latest technology has to offer. A combination of digital and traditional printing, can produce new cross media communication opportunities. Our puremarketing team will help you explore these.
Our new software applications make it possible to handle printing projects in more efficient and cost-effective ways. Our digital printing has opened up the opportunity to produce short run, high quality work at a much lower cost. Most significantly it is now possible to make your printed communications totally bespoke with variable data printing techniques enabling you to vary the content of your publication on the run to maximise the return you get from your marketing.
We have invested over £12 million in the last five years in the latest machines and software
Here are a few of Pureprint Group’s noteworthy credentials
• First CarbonNeutral® printer in the world
• Continuous family ownership for 85 years
• First printer in The Sunday Times Best Green
• £12million of capital investment in the
last five years
• Internationally recognised ISO9001 quality
and ISO12647 colour management standards
• Independently audited ISO14001 and EMAS
environmental management systems
• Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Sustainable
Development in 2003 and 2008
• Sedex ethical supplier
• Forest Stewardship Council responsible
• Industry leading award-winning print quality
• 50% business growth in the last three years
• The UK’s leading environmental printer
In 2003 we became the first CarbonNeutral® printer in the world