- Pureprint’s favourite moments from 2016
- BIG opportunities with HP Indigo innovations expand creativity
- Oh So Pretty: Punk in Print
- A Hatrick of PrintWeek Awards
- Pureprint to open New York office
- Inside The Fine Collection with G . F Smith’s Jo Pitts
- Colour Queen: One to One with Camille Walala
- Great news in the PrintWeek Awards
- Pureprint People: Aaron Archer
- Pureprint People: Natalie Cole
What we doSustainability lies at the heart of our business.In 1990 we embarked upon a journey to help minimise the environmental impacts of printing. To achieve this we direct our efforts as follows:
Along our journey we have passed a number of milestones including:
- We have an environmental management system to minimise the impact of our own production facilities, processes and investments
- We have an environmental education programme to influence our staff, our customers and the wider community
- We take a leading role within our industry to help drive environmental improvement in the printing and paper business
We can advise you on choosing the most sustainable papers, carbon footprinting your publications, writing environmental imprints and reducing your print volumes.Purerprint Group certification auditing is undertaken by SGS UK
- 1993 - 1st ISO 14001 printer in the UK.
- 1996 - our environmental printing technology was registered as a trademark.
- 1996 - 1st EMAS certified printer in the UK View interim 2015 report
- 1999 - Pureprint chosen by the Design Council as a Millennium Product, and was identified with more than 1000 other winners as ‘the very best of British innovation, creativity and design’
- 2001 - 1st FSC printer in the UK
- 2002 - 1st CarbonNeutral® printer in the world
- 2003 – Pureprint was awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development
- 2005 – We rename our growing company Pureprint Group
- 2008 – Pureprint Group is awarded a second Queen’s Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development and is listed 4th in The Sunday Times Best Green Companies
- 2008 - PrintWeek Environmental Company of the Year
- 2010 - PrintWeek Environmental Company of the Year
- 2012 - Digital Printer Digital and the Environment Award
- 2013 - Queens Award for Enterprise Sustainable Development
- 2013 - BPIF Environmental Seal of Excellence Award
What you can do
When you use Pureprint you are working with one of the most sustainable printers in the world. Our environmental management system (EMS) is designed to protect the environment, delivers continuous environmental improvement and is independently assessed and verified on a regular basis. You can be confident that we are protecting your reputation and the environment when you use Pureprint.
There are 5 further opportunities for you to make your print more sustainable and we are here to help.
- Take responsibility for the carbon emissions created by the production of your printed communication. Our Pureprint Gold service is an easy and cost effective way to produce CarbonNeutral Publications offsets verified by The Gold Standard Foundation. See Pureprint Gold for more details.
- Specify responsible papers. We have been members of the WWF Global Forest and Trade Network for 10 years. Our aim is to improve the management of the world's production forests by using the purchasing power and influence of business to bring about change. We can advise you on the best choice of paper for your publication and the environment. You can find more information about choosing papers through the WWF Guide to Buying Paper and the WWF Check Your Paper database.
- Use an environmental imprint. There are two big benefits to using an environmental imprint. First it gives a very positive image of your company, showing as a caring, responsible business. Second it encourages others to adopt similar responsible purchasing practices, increasing the rate of environmental improvement.
- Print less! This may seem a strange thing for a printer to suggest but new print technology makes it cost effective to print less and then reprint when you need more. On average 30% of marketing print is thrown away without being used now we can print what you want when you want it helping both your budget and the environment.
- Print less again but this time through better management of your mailings and better use of your data. Personalised printing increases response rates and refining customer mailings reduces waste.
Our Pureprint technical and environmental team is available to discuss these big 5 opportunities further just contact us.
Pureprint Gold is an easy and effective way to take responsibility for the carbon emissions created by the production of your printed publications. It enables you to make a difference to the environment, differentiate your business and highlight your positive contribution to preventing climate change with the option of using the logo on the right.
We calculate the carbon footprint of your publication including paper manufacturing, delivery of the paper to us, production at our factory and final distribution. We then organise your investment in carbon offset projects verified by The Gold Standard Foundation.
The Gold Standard is the highly respected, award winning certification scheme for carbon mitigation projects. The projects we invest in for you both reduce greenhouse gas emissions at source and generate real value for the communities involved. Pureprint Gold offsets are always Gold Standard accredited projects and currently come from the Basa Magogo project in South Africa, an inspirational community behavioural change programme. Find out more.
Our partners in the Pureprint Gold initiative are two of the most respected carbon reduction organisations . The CarbonNeutral Company is a world-leading provider of carbon reduction solutions and The Gold Standard is the high quality carbon credit label recognised internationally for quality and rigour. Use the links provided to visit their websites which contain lots of information about carbon offsetting.
Pureprint Gold is subsidised by us through our Supporting Sustainability programme to encourage more companies to make a difference by producing CarbonNeutral® Publications.
Multi product campaigns or individual projects can all use Pureprint Gold. 5000 copies of a 48 page brochure will cost £75. Small jobs can enjoy the entry level cost of only £25.
Ask for an estimate with your next quotation.
Once you have decided to become more sustainable there is a community of companies, individuals and experts with knowledge products and services that will help you make a difference. Here are just a few that we know and we think are worth talking to or just learning from their websites.
Forum for the Future – working with business and government to inspire new sustainable thinking
WWF Global Forest and Trade Network – creating a new market for environmentally responsible forest products
WWF Guide to Buying Paper and WWF Check Your Paper database - WWF offers a one-stop paper toolbox to help guide paper producers as well as commercial and individual paper buyers
The CarbonNeutral Company – leader in carbon reduction solutions
The Gold Standard – the benchmark global carbon standard
Two Sides – promoting the responsible production and use of print and paper
FSC – promoting responsible management of the world’s forests
The Guardian Sustainable Business Blog– a blog offering sustainable business advice, best practice and insight