FSC Core Labour Statement
The following statement is made in accordance with the core labour requirements as published by FSC (FSC-STD-40-004 V3-1) and the methods in which Pureprint Group have taken in complying to rule out Child/Forced Labour, discrimination within employment and ensuring Pureprint Group shall respect Freedom of Association and the effective Right to Collective Bargaining.
1. In the application of the FSC core labour requirements, Pureprint Group shall give due consideration to the rights and obligations established by national law, while at the same time fulfilling the objectives of the requirements.
2. Pureprint Group shall not use child labour.
2.1. Pureprint Group does not employ workers below the age of 16.
2.2. No person under the age of 18 is employed in hazardous or heavy work except for the purpose of
training within approved national laws and regulations.
2.3. Pureprint Group shall prohibit the worst forms of child labour.
3. Pureprint Group shall eliminate all forms of forced and compulsory labour.
3.1. Employment relationships are voluntary and based on mutual consent, without the threat of a
3.2. There is no evidence of any practice’s indicative of forced or compulsory labour, including, but not
limited to, the following:
• physical and sexual violence.
• bonded labour
• withholding of wages /including payment of employment fees and or payment of deposit to
• restriction of mobility/movement
• retention of passport and identity documents
• threats of denunciation to the authorities.
4. Pureprint Group shall ensure that there is no discrimination in employment and occupation.
4.1. Employment and occupation practices are non-discriminatory.
5. Pureprint Group shall respect freedom of association and the effective right to collective bargaining.
5.1. Workers can establish or join worker organisations of their own choosing.
5.2. Pureprint Group respects the full freedom of workers’ organizations to draw up their constitutions and rules.
5.3. Pureprint Group respects the rights of workers to engage in lawful activities related to forming,
joining, or assisting a workers’ organization, or to refrain from doing the same, and will not discriminate or punish workers for exercising these rights.
5.4. Pureprint Group negotiates with lawfully established workers’ organizations and/or duly selected representatives in good faith and with the best efforts to reach a collective bargaining agreement.
5.5. Collective bargaining agreements are implemented where they exist.