We are extremely proud to announce that Pureprint has been a CarbonNeutral® company for 20 years!
Sustainability is at the heart of everything we do at Pureprint, and a big part of that is our CarbonNeutral® company certification.
We became the first certified CarbonNeutral® printer in the world in 2002 and since then have reduced over 28,000 tons of CO2, the equivalent of 110 million economy flight miles.
Reducing the impact we have on the environment has been an important part of the way we’ve run our business for decades.
Part of our sustainability ethos is investing in carbon reduction projects with our friends at ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners. Over the past 20 years, we’ve provided over £150,000 of carbon finance to programmes that have made a real difference to peoples lives in Africa, Asia and South America.
Our support has helped to:
- Tackle household air pollution and deforestation with improved cookstoves in Kenya.
- Prevent deforestation across more than 100,000 hectares of rainforest in the Amazon basin.
- Support Turkey’s decarbonisation by enhancing renewable energy capacity.
- Transform waste into a clean, affordable energy supply for 800,000 people in Vietnam.
We’re continuously looking at new ways that we can support carbon reduction as part of our commitment to taking action on climate change.
Leading the carbon management conversation has helped us to develop processes and products that reduce our environmental impact. By working with us, our customers are lowering their carbon footprint and taking cost out of their marketing spend.
A spokesperson for ClimateCare and Natural Capital Partners explained: “We work with forward-thinking organisations to turn their climate responsibilities into positive outcomes. Our CarbonNeutral® certification ensures the highest environmental integrity for companies looking to offset their carbon emissions through projects which also support sustainable development”.
With Homebase, we have helped them to remove all non-recyclable materials from their marketing print, which means that they no longer need to send waste to landfill. This project helps Pureprint and Homebase reduce our scope 3 carbon impacts.
We succeeded in:
- Taking out 385,601 individual, non-recyclable POS items and replaced them with a fully recyclable and fit for purpose alternative.
- Eliminating all PVC products from Homebase’s supply chain and as a direct result, eradicated the need the send 44,604 kg of PVC to landfill each year.
- Removing non-recyclable products from the marketing print supply chain equates to the size of 30 football pitches or 70 km of material that does not need to go to landfill each year.
We can help you too! If you’re looking to reduce your carbon footprint or print more sustainably, then get in touch with us today.